Monday, January 20, 2020

Vancouver

I Came to Vancouver being almost 40 just to find my own memories. I mean, I've been finding places that remind me things I lived in Guadalajara growing up. In a way, I feel like I'm going around hanging my memories like paintings on walls.
It could also be that the construction technologies and architectural principles where similar in both cities. Being both western cities and both in countries heavily influenced by the US.
I’m always looking for subjects to paint, I’ve worked in the construction industry all my life and, I guess, at some point my memory is going to start playing games with me.

“Sunset at the New Brighton Park”
Acrylic on paper
This was the park of my neighbour when I first came to Canada nine years ago. Seems like yesterday.

¨Walking at the Park¨
Acrylic on Paper.

¨Those noisy Cranes¨
Acrylic on Canvas

¨Second Narrow Bridge, Iron´s Workers Memorial¨Acrylic on Canvas 



No comments:

Post a Comment